Oregon is primarily a rural state it encompasses many medically underserved areas thereby making highly educated nurses acutely in demand here. As a result, employers are offering high-end salaries to attract more nurses statewide. DNP-educated nurses, in particular, are easily becoming the best-paid workers in their field.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor reported that Oregonian nurses with DNP degrees scored some of the largest salaries both statewide and nationwide:
- Oregon was named the fourth highest paying state for nurse practitioners. Nurse practitioners employed throughout the state netted an average annual salary of more than $120,000.
- Oregon was likewise recognized as the fourth highest paying state for nurse midwives. The state showed its appreciation for nurse midwives working here by granted them an average annual salary of over $130,000.
- Nurse anesthetists were treated to high-end salaries as well. In fact, they were among Oregon’s top fifteen highest paid professionals. Employers awarded nurse anesthetists an average annual salary of more than $187,199.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Salaries by Occupation in Oregon
Nurses with DNP degrees routinely become some of the highest paid workers in their chosen occupation, consistently earning within the 75th and 90th salary percentile ranges. In 2015, the State of Oregon Employment Department released the following salary ranges as representative of what DNP-educated nurses can expect to earn:
Nurse Administrators and Executives:
- Clackamas: $120,765 – $147,368
- East Cascades: $114,462 – $140,670
- Eastern Oregon: $90,230 – $122,949
- Lane: $116,065 – $142,397
- Mid-Valley: $114,442 – $147,368
- Northwest Oregon: $116,438 – $143,458
- Southwestern Oregon: $120,078 – $144,706
- Clackamas: $128,731 – $120,682
- East Cascades: $108,555 – $120,682
- Eastern Oregon: $107,494 – $123,573
- Lane: $115,482 – $125,778
- Mid-Valley: $116,293 – $152,922
- Northwest Oregon: 132,558 – $157,269
- Portland Metro: 127,566 – $144,789
- Rogue Valley: $130,270 – $155,459
- Portland Metro: $129,646 – $149,157
- Rogue Valley: $116,792 – $121,014
Advertised Salaries for Nurses with DNP Degrees in Oregon
In February 2016, several employers posted online job advertisements in search of nurses with doctoral degrees in Oregon. The following employers also disclosed salary range offers:
- The Interregional Med-Exec Group, Inc. had a job opening for a CNS peri-operative educator, offering a salary within the range of $90,000 and $120,000.
- The University of Oregon looked to fill an executive director position for the University Health Center in Eugene. The job offered a salary within the range of $165,000 to $185,000 annually.
- Salem Health sought a new CNS peri-operative care staff member and offered salaries within range of $81,785 and $125,382.
An Analysis of DNP Salaries Throughout Oregon
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor published salary reports for DNP nurses in various roles. The following data table purposely provides only the 75th and 90th salary percentiles because nurses with a DNP are more likely to achieve these high-end salaries than colleagues with lesser degrees:
*Values are equal to or greater than $90 an hour or $187,199 a year. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics does not provide salary data higher than these values.